Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's a Boy!!

Okay so I realize that it has been a really long time since my last post. I blink and months have flown by. I figured that since my last post was that we found out I was pregnant with baby number four that I should probably update my blog :)
We found out on Sept. 30th that we will be having our 2nd son. His name is to Jeremiah Wayne. The first name actually came to me in a dream about 4 months before we got pregnant. It means Exalted of God. His middle name is after his daddy. Consequently it was about 4 months before we got pregnant that I found out my son David had secretly been praying for a baby brother.
The thought of having four kids can and does overwhelm me sometimes. But I remember my mom had five kids and she made it out okay. I know, I know it is by the grace of God that I too shall make it. It is by His grace that I am able to do anything. The past 5 months has been rather overwhelming at times. We started school back in July so that when Jeremiah arrives I will have a month to recoup and get into a routine again.
Rearranging rooms and trying to find space to put little Jeremiah in February has been trying but even in the midst of all of this I find myself smiling and happy at the thought of holding him in my arms. It's amazing the love that I can feel for this little life as it grows inside of me. There is a time and place for everything. As it says in Ecclesiastes 3 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh..." At any rate you get the idea
If there is anything I have learned over the past few years it is to embrace where you are in life. By that I mean find something enjoyable in the season you are in and cherish those moments. My children are already growing up at such a fast rate that I can hardly believe it. Even on the most frustrating days it is good for me to remember that they won't be this age forever and to cherish the moments I have with them.
Something else I have learned to truly cherish....a moment of peace and quiet. Just those lovely moments in the day that are filled with well, silence. If I have errands to run alone I don't turn on the radio as soon as I jump in the van. It is those moments that it is just me, my thoughts and often my time to pray and talk to God. I cherish those moments. Having some time here and there by myself is not just a bad thing, it is those moments I often find myself looking for here lately.
Well there you have it, an update. Maybe more than I actually planned on but none the less you have it. We are a mere 17 weeks from the arrival of our newest member of the family. Hopefully I will find time to get back on here before he makes his debut.

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to what you've shared here Kellyfriend. Especially the part about getting the car and turning the radio off and just enjoying the silence. LOL! I think every mom can relate to that one! Though I think the day is coming all to quickly when we will have more quiet moments than we care for. They grow up so fast! So you're very wise in saying that we should enjoy every moment, every season that we are in. And what a sweet season of life we are in! God is GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete