Monday, March 21, 2011

Jeremiah means....God is Exalted

Jeremiah means....God is Exalted

Me and Jeremiah ..one month old
Photography by Jonathan Howe

The Bailey brood, L to R, Hannah Grace, Lydia
holding Jeremiah and David
Photography by Jonathan Howe

Jeremiah Wayne..one month
Photography by Jonathan Howe
First Day Home

Jeremiah Wayne Bailey
Feb. 20th, 2011
8lb. 2oz.
21in.
The Grandparents: David and Kathy Reese


Precious Baby Boy
Okay, so I realize it has been some time since I have blogged. It is now the end of March 2011 and our precious baby Jeremiah Wayne Bailey has not only arrived but is now a month old already. I do have a fairly good reason for just now blogging though :) The past month has been a dozy..hum, not sure that is a real word or spelled right if it is a word but I will go with it for the moment. Let me back track to the end of Feb. 2011...one month ago.
I was a week away from my due date, had been having contractions on and off for more than two weeks, was 3cm dilated and about 70% effaced, meaning I could go into labor at any moment really. I had my bag packed and in the van, had already arranged child care for when the moment arrived. I had planned to have a natural delivery this time around at the Lisa Ross Birthing Center, actually a water birth to be more specific. I had been practicing my breathing exercises and all that jazz and was nervous but ready for the blessed event to take place. I would give birth at the birthing center and then go home within 6 to 12 hours after Jeremiah was born. Well that was the plan. Okay we are now at Sunday Feb. 20th....plans changed...within moments really. It was around 4:15pm and I was out running errands with one of my sisters. I was heading home after I grabbed a few things from the store but decided to go ahead and get some gas in my husbands van that I was driving so he wouldn't have to do it early the next morning on his way to work. At the gas station after putting the hose in the tank, I turned to put my card and keys back in the van and tripped over the hose ( I think) and landed straight on my stomach. Long story short I ended up at hospital were they performed an emergency c-section less than two hours after I fell. It's amazing how everything you planned for can change in an instant.
This was to be my first c-section. The last four weeks have had lots of ups and downs and I certainly did not expect for my recovery to take this long. I have had a ton of help, love and support. God has been exalted in this whole ordeal. It was not a surprise to him that I was going to fall and have an emergency c-section or that I would pull a muscle at my incision site three weeks later. A week before my accident I received a phone call from my out of state Grandmother who called to pray for my labor and delivery and for the health of me and Jeremiah. Coincidence, I think not. The night before and the day of my fall I had received more prayer from various friends over my labor and delivery. God knows!! God's hand was on me and Jeremiah that day, from that very moment. Was it scary, sure it was, but I prayed the entire time. From the moment I landed on my stomach till the moment he was in my arms, I prayed. I had a host of people from my church, Harvest Church that were all praying as well. Nothing shakes God, and I can tell you I have learned many things from this unexpected delivery. For one, I do not take my health for granite, being able to do simple things, getting up on my own, being able to sleep on my side, putting my shoes on, taking a bath, yes even shaving my legs...lol, those are things I did daily without a thought. Suddenly when you cannot do those things for a time, you realize just how precious health is. I value being able to do those simple things and am looking forward to the day in the near future when I feel normal again, when I can do those simple things in a normal frame of time and not 30 to 45min :) My God, the God who holds everything in His hands, has held me the past four weeks. He is to be Exalted above all else. He is my comforter, my deliverer, my salvation. I should hopefully be blogging again soon, at least before he is a year old :)



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures Kelly! And reading your story, I was fighting back tears again. SO VERY thankful for God's protection over you and Jeremiah! So thankful!

    ReplyDelete